Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's been too long!

Well,
Once again I have fallen off the bloggin' wagon. Two reasons really 1) Laundry has taken over my life. 2) I went back to work...
Right after Thanksgiving, Maci was 12 weeks old. I was not thinking clearly when I ended my maternity leave right before Christmas. My 3 weeks of school were filled with door decorating contests, overly involved crafts,bulletin boards, program practice, parties, and, oh yeah...teaching. It was nuts. Maci got her first taste of staying in the nursery. She is just across the parking lot from me and I get to see her and nurse her throughout my day. But the first few days were rough (for me, not her).
The Christmas Season was crazy as usual. The boys were in 3 different Christmas programs. One at our church and 2 at school. They did a great job. After school let out on Friday we packed up and left for Austin Saturday morning. We spent nearly a week at Jordan's parents house and did our Christmas with them and his brothers. It was a nice break. We did Christmas morning at home and then headed to Covington for Christmas with my brother and sisters, mom and dad. The day after Christmas we headed up to Ruston for Christmas with the entire Kilpatrick family. (We don't want to travel anywhere for a while.) It was a great time and we are so blessed to have so much family to spend time with. I think the boys were thrilled with all of their Christmas gifts. Caleb said something pretty cute. My mom got him what he had asked Santa for and when he realized it wasn't under the tree Christmas morning he said "How could Santa have made such a big mistake?" He was thrilled to get it later at Mom's. Here are a few pics of what's been going on...
Maci's first Thanksgiving. We didn't travel this year. She is one 'smiley' girl!

First day or two in the nursery. She loves to be swaddled and swinging.

Tree decorating. Ignore my no make-up. The cowboy tree lives on.

Crazy boys!


More Crazy boys!

Christmas at Mom's.
All the cousins...minus Maci who is taking a nap.

Love this one of mom.

The video spy watch...one happy boy.

Micah and his toys.

My dad got Eli a pogo stick. I love it. Eli calls it a "pobo" stick.

Somehow I managed to NOT get pictures of: 1)Maci in her beautiful Christmas tutu 2)Christmas in Austin 3)Christmas morning (at our house) or 4) Christmas in Ruston. I have got to do a better job:) I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a very happy New Year!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

How funny! Will got the same spy watch and Kate said the same thing when Santa didn't bring her Felicity doll- Gramma had it under her tree. Kids are so honest! I love all the pictures and I'm glad you had a great break.