Monday, February 21, 2011

Celebration Month!

As always, February is a CRAZY time for us. This Feb. has been no exception. Jordan's mom's birthday, Valentines and my birthday are back to back and then throw in Science Fair week, dress up days, parties, Eli's big day, Mardi Gras parades and the like and you just get chaos. Fun chaos.
To celebrate the big 31 this year me, mom, Maci, and my aunt who just moved down:) went on a girls shopping spree. We started early Sat. morning...wait let me rewind. Friday Eli was complaining of ear pain. I took him to my home away from home, the ENT, and discovered he had a fungal infection from the hearing aids. Yucky. So early Sat. morning he woke up crying and in lots of pain. So I headed to walmart and loaded up on meds for Eli...then the shopping began. Natchez, MS first for the Kelly's Kids sale. It was craziness. But between the 3 of us we snagged some great things for all the girls.
Going through our pile!

Guarding our pile!

From there we drove down to St. Francisville for a yummy lunch and more shopping. I took Maci for a walk while mom and Karen antiqued. It was such a pretty day.

I LOVED this weather vane!



From there we shopped around Baton Rouge for a bit and then called it a day. That night we all headed to Covington. A few weeks ago Jordan and I had seen a restaurant on DDD (food network) called Louie and the Redhead Lady. It was in Mandeville (just mins from Cov). In Covington they have Louie and the Redhead Lady too! That is where I wanted to go eat brunch on Sunday with the whole fam. It was yummo. The fried green tomatoes were the best I've ever had.
Just look at Eli...he acts a lot like Jordan. This actually looks like a St. Patty's day pic and Joel is looking very Irish.

Me and my man.

On Tuesday...my actual birthday I got to wear jeans to work:) then headed to the ENT with Eli after school to discover that his tubes had come out. He wanted to do set #5 ASAP b/c of Eli's hearing loss....
(to be continued)

No comments: