Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Chapters.


If my life were a book I'd have some very distinct chapters. I'd have SEVERAL chapters just since we've been married.
The "Little Boy Babies and Us Frantically Finishing School" chapter. That chapter is really a blur and there would be a lot of unfinished sentences and many exclamation points. Oh yeah and lots of laughs and even some tears. And you'd think it'd go on forever...but it wouldn't. Matter of fact it would end not too long after Katrina.
(The picture that best describes this time in our life is not blog friendly, but I will describe it. It is a family picture...with two tired parents, 2 eager toddlers, and,oh yes, me breastfeeding baby Micah. Why would I even volunteer to take a picture exposed? Most likely because that was ALL I did for 4 years. So here's this one instead.)

The next chapter would be our "Arkansas" chapter. Still a tough chapter to get through. No family close by. Jordan getting his master's degree. The baby boys are getting bigger. This chapter would be intense...kind of on the edge of your seat at some points. But it is marked with lifelong friendships an incredible church and some much needed growing together. If not for that chapter I'm afraid the rest of the book might be a little scary:)

The next chapter I would title "Home". This is the chapter that even though we loved Arkansas and had applied for mapping jobs all over the country...God brought us home. This chapter would be a little less intense. We are closer to family and grateful for that. We'd buy our first home. I'd start to teach. Life is a little easier as the boys get a little older and start school. We'd say goodbye to diapers...finally. In this chapter I will take my first nap while the boys are up and I wake up to find them all alive and well.

Then of course we have the "Baby Girl" chapter. Yep, when you live with this many boys you get your own chapter. So far it has been filled with giggles and smiley faces...diapers too, but they aren't so bad after a year or two off. That chapter started only months ago.

Now...a new chapter. We'll call it "The Shreveport Chapter". This week Jordan accepted a job offer in Shreveport, La. Shreveport is actually where I am from. I moved from there when I was 8. Jordan's dad's family is from there too. We have good friends there and family as well. This job is with an energy company and is an EXCELLENT opportunity. I am so proud of Jordan. He will start in March and me and the monkeys will move up in the spring/summer.
I imagine the beginning of this chapter will be a little trying with the distance and goodbye's. We have loved our time in Baton Rouge and we are excited for what God has in store! I know that He will work out the details. If you get a chance pray for a job for me...I can't imagine loving a school more than the one I'm at now...but God knows that. Also, pray for our house to sell pretty quick, the boys transition, and the fact that my mom will not be in Shreveport (we are working on that).
When I look at all of our chapters, one leading to the other, I realize how true Jer. 29:11 really is...

4 comments:

The Jordon Family said...

Best of luck to you guys and your move!! I will be praying for you all.

Unknown said...

What??? I just requested you as Madi's teacher for next year. Best of luck to you and your new adventure.

Alicia said...

Don't worry about anything! God will provide. We are so excited for you guys and very thankful for the Arkansas Chapter....(I am assuming I am one of the privileged "life long friends"!) We love you guys! See you in May!

Laura said...

I am so sorry you are having to say goodbye to such sweet times at "home". I will definitely be praying for job oppurtunities for you and easy transitions for the kids. All that said, I AM SO EXCITED TO HAVE Y'ALL in Shreveport! Marcus and I are thrilled (along with the rest of my family)! Please, please let us know what we can do to help. And let me know how we can talk the rest of your southern Louisiana family into moving up here! ;)