Thursday, June 9, 2011

All in one! It's a long one!

We made it! It was the longest and hardest 10 weeks ever, but we did it. Quick trip down memory lane... Jordan took a job in Shreveport and started the first week of March. I stayed back with the munchkins to sell the house, finish out my school year and pack. Jordan came home on the weekends. It was brutal and I think I've blocked quite a bit of it out. I do remember showing my house 6 times and all that entailed. Thank goodness we sold it fast or that may have done me in. I unexpectedly had a tooth extracted that took 3 hours. Part of my bone had to be removed and the root was in my sinus cavity. OUCH. I was awake for the whole thing. I then proceeded to have an allergic reaction to my much needed codeine. Jordan had to do an emergency trip home. I was still in a ton of pain the next weekend...Easter. I went back to find out I had a dry socket and also found out that hydrocodone makes me throw up...a lot.
My life for 10 weeks. It was a wreck.

At the beginning of April we did a trip up to Little Rock to see my grandparents. A family friend of ours, Mrs. Lesa, had been doing some house hunting for us and told us about a house in Stonewall. Seriously, it was the first and only house I stepped foot in. I loved it. It is in a great neighborhood and has a HUGE yard. We had a contract on it that week. A few pics...
This could be a dining room but I'm using it for a little sitting room/office space.

My sister and I did this mural in Maci's room. And guess what...She sleeps in it...finally! I painted 3 of the 4 bedrooms the first week we were here. I'm pooped from painting.

I love the bathrooms. The kids cabinet has claw feet on it. We said farewell to the sharks and made it more neutral for Maci!

I LOVE my bathroom too. I painted my room this same color.

The living room is huge. Here are the kiddos watching star wars. Poor Maci. I'm having a guy in Canton build me a big thing for my tv to go in. Hopefully it'll be done in July. I have to re-upholster my chair and find another one...this room is going to take some time.

We came up for spring break so I could do some job interviews. Last week I signed my contract to teach 2nd grade at Calvary Baptist Academy next year. Hurray! That is the school I was hoping for. The boys and Maci will all go with me.


In May, the week before we moved we planned a quick trip to Florida. (Sidenote *No pics b/c a while back I forgot to unpack the camera out of my suitcase and it lived in the attic for a while then it was thrown out of the top of the attic by Jordan. Not sure what did it in. But it's done. I got my new camera after our Florida trip.) Anywho...Florida was beautiful. But before we left for Florida Jordan came home a day early to surprise us. He wasn't going to make the Florida trip b/c he had some outside things to do but he came home early so he could come. He was about a mile from our house and a drunk driver pulled out in front of him. Jordan was going about 45mph and nailed him. He was pulling a trailer that we were going to use to move and there was no way he could stop. He didn't even have time to hit the brakes. He was okay (thank goodness) but his new truck was TOTALED. To make things more wonderful the drunk guy took off running and he was also uninsured. Awesome. He was caught and jailed but it left us in a huge bind. We ended up renting a car for a while and then we had to rent ANOTHER moving truck. Then when we got up here me and the kids had to bring Jordan to and from work...4 trips a day...he works about 30 minutes from here...for 2 weeks. Thankfully we had comp. coverage on the truck and our insurance paid it out. Of course they don't pay what the truck is worth if you buy it retail so now we have a lovely car payment that we didn't have before. I HATE drunk driving. This has been such a headache and expensive. It could have been worse and I am so grateful Jordan wasn't hurt badly.
We celebrated our 8th anniversary on June 7th! Us about 8 years ago. Jordan's 'fro.

My sweet girl, who is not so sweet right now b/c she is growing her 2 front teeth, is 9 months old today! She crawls everwhere, pulls up onto her knees, and says da da da da da all day long. She bounces when she hears music and claps her hands. She is always making us smile.


Micah Man turned 5 on the 29th. We celebrated by going to see Kung Fu Panda 2...which I loved btw...and then to eat at a Mexican rest-er-knot (as Micah says). He is our sweet guy.


A cute one of Hunny (Jordan's mom) and Eli!

This week we have been taking advantage of Mrs. Lesa's pool.


Eli has officially outgrown his spidey swim suit:) He remembered how to swim yesterday so hopefully he won't need it anymore.


Next week me, the kids, and my mom are going on Roadtrip 2011. We are going to Pennsylvania to see my brother and new niece. We are taking the "scenic route" and making a big trip out of it. The boys can't wait. I'll post pics when we get back!
Finally...this blog is ending!

1 comment:

Us said...

Seriously. Only you. You couldn't just have the tooth extracted, but had to experience the most dramatic possible version of an extraction.

Sorry about the drunk driver. I'm glad he is ok though.

And I don't think I added it up, but it sounded like you took 837 different trips in the last few weeks...only to leave for an epic road trip soon. You all are so funny!

P.S. That spidey swim suit pic...awesome.