Monday, June 27, 2011

The Traveling Kilpatrick's

We're back! Roadtrip 2011 was a huge success. We were certainly glad to be out of the car...but so glad we did it!
First though, the weekend before our road trip we were in St. Francisville for our annual Kilpatrick Reunion. We swam and had lunch and then headed back home. It was a fun day for all.
Me and my man!

Return of the Super-suit since I wasn't lifeguarding.

Sweet swinging girl!

My baby boy!

On our way back from St. Francisville we got to cross the new bridge! Yes, only a true Louisianian can get excited about a bridge but HoLy MoLY! it is beautiful. Until now, if you wanted to go from St. Francisville to New Roads you had to load up on a ferry for a ride across the Mississippi. No more, now you can just drive over this guy. It is the longest suspended bridge in North America. I couldn't get over how pretty it was. From a distance it looks like it is made of gold.


I know...I need to get out more.
On to our roadtrip.
Or not, I'm actually going to do a whole different blog about it b/c for some reason this one won't save.
Traveling Kilpatrick's...to be continued.

No comments: